Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lesson in life-"don't judge a book by its cover"-by Molja Aja



Don’t judge a book by its cover”. Have you ever heard this idiom? It means not to judged people or things by what they look like from the outside. May be you will wonder why I start this article with this idiom. Hmm.. let me share a bit of my life lesson about some people judge me by my appearance.

This is a story about 3 years ago. I’m use to be a bit harsh girl, ride my scooter to college and never wear any feminine outfits like my other friends. One day, after finish my tenpin bowling training at Summit BP, I went to BP Mall with one of my team mate to buy a birthday present for my beloved sister for her coming birthday. I want to give her a set of international brand perfume.

We entered a perfume shop at Pacific mall, but suddenly few eyes of the sale girls look at us like we are some kind of alien entered their shop. But I just ignore them and I start looking at the brand that I want. When I saw this brand which i really love. I ask one of the salesgirl to give me a tester of that perfume. With the arrogant face, without a smile and unpleasant approach. That girl give a tester card. Suddenly, one of her friend approaching her and they start to speak to each other in Chinese language,“ look at them, wearing that kind of shirt,but want to buy these kind of expensive things, does they have money or not, hate to see these kind of people. If don’t have money, don’t look at these thing lor, wasting our time rite?!” and then they laugh to each other.

I’m really shock hearing what they said about us. Lucky me I can speak and listen to Chinese language very well because i used to study in Chinese school. I’m also not a kind that will burst or explode with this kind of situation. With a smile on my face, I said to the salesgirl “ Miss, i’m sorry but i change my mind. I don't think your perfume suit with me. But thank you by the way”. Then I pull my friend’s hand and went to another perfume shop in front of the previous shop. There, I bought two set of the perfume that cost me more that half thousand. After that, I went back to the arrogant salesgirls and I kindly said to them in Chinese language. “Excuse me miss, may I have a word with both of you? You can’t treat your customer like you did to us. Even our dress or outfit not as pretty as your others customer, you still have to treat us equally. Don't judge people by what they look like from the outside. Thank God that i’m in a good mood today or else, I might seeing your manager to report your attitude. By the way, that shop in front of you have just receive RM600 from me and luckily yours don't”. I smile at them, turn back and walk away.

Suddenly both of them call us and block our way. They apologies to us for their bad attitude and gave us a mini bottle of branded perfume as a apologies present. I forgive them and remind them again not to treat others like they treat us.

That is one of my memory and experienced in life. A lesson for me too, not to judge others by their appearance. But judge them by their heart and attitude. Don't ever under estimate others.-

~Molja Aja~


6 comments:

  1. yesss...i'm agree with u hajar...like an old malay idiom "TAK KENAL MAKA TAK CINTA"...right??:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go aja! it reminds me of me actually where normally i would like to go shopping with my casual attire with the expectation that i am just like anybody, and most important thing is that..the credit card personnel will not going to chase me all the way to take their offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sad story...huhuhu...i'm also agree with u hajar...people like to judge only by see the other people appearance..

    ReplyDelete
  4. nazirah: i'm not like that..not all people like to judge only by see the people appearance...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ala... hemrul... you just told me that you fall in love with "Teeett" because of her lovely appearance right? sudden her behavior aren't match her outside look.. that's why you dumb her... kikikik!!! eleh... you also judge her at the first moment you saw her... ceh~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. you absolutely wrong miss hajar...dont judge me like that...i'll love someone who my mom choose..hehehe

    ReplyDelete